Hey,

It seems that OJ users have different habits and it will be difficult to
make everybody happy.
Still hope we can make the menu a little bit lighter without penalizing
users.
We'll have to synthetize all answers before making a decision.
> from my users side of view I can say that I use context menu, button and also
> EZ-Buttons...it depends on the functions I want to use and what I can reach
> faster. But this should be the difficult thing becuase every users works in a
> different way as I realzied it from how my collegues work with OJ. So the
> best solution should be a user adaptable (contex)menu/button toolbar...but
> this should be a very difficult development.
and I wonder it is worthwhile. I know from my own experience that when
there are several ways to achieve a task, the one I use is not always
the best. Just the option that I discovered first or that has been shown
to me, keeping me away from looking for a better one ;-)
> Independent from this I use also the ...
> - copy/paste layer/features functions from the context menu (I believe it is
> the fastest way, so I need it in the contect menu)
Just wonder if paste features wouldn't be easier to use in viewPanel
context menu (with a submenu item for each editable layer - don't know
if it's easy to do however)
> - But I use the change style options only from the toolbar (I do not need it
> in the context menu)
> - I never used the Add Objects function from the context menu (it can be
> moved to the menu bar)
> - I do not need Visibility function in the context menu (it faster to use the
> checkbox in the layer list (it can be moved to the menu bar)
I think the context menu is more confortable if you have to change the
visibility for many layers.

Michaël