Hi Landon!

2012/1/22 Landon Blake <sunburned.surve...@gmail.com>

> One of my challenges when trying to unit test parts of the OJ core
> previously has been the number of inter-dependencies. Did you come up
> with a mock or stub for WorkbenchContext? I really see some value in
> sharing mocks and stubs for OJ core components.

No, I didn't mock WorkbenchContext. TestTools.buildWorkbench() uses some
methods from JUMPWorkbench.main() to create the Workbench with
WorkbenchContext and WorkbenchFrame.

> I looked at the code here:
>
> http://openjump-tools-docs.googlecode.com/git/javadoc/index.html
>
> I must admit I'm a little confused. Are you writing an OJ specific
> unit testing framework from scratch. I didn't see any references to
> JUnit or another unit testing framework in your code.

Since JUnit 4 you may add annotations to Plain Old Java Objects/Classes
(POJOs). I use annotations like @Test and @Setup in the test classes.

> Keep up the good work Benjamin. I wish I had more time to keep up with
> what you were doing.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Landon
>
> P.S- I really appreciate the tips about running OJ from Eclipse and
> having it load an extension defined in another Eclipse Project. I'll
> have to mess around with that, but I may be back to ask for help on
> getting the Eclipse runtime configuration file set up so I can do
> this.

 --Benjamin