OK for 1.6

________________________________
 Da: Michaël Michaud <michael.mich...@free.fr>
A: jump-pilot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Inviato: Sabato 11 Febbraio 2012 16:02
Oggetto: Re: [JPP-Devel] OpenJUMP roadmap updates

Hi Giuseppe,

If you commit your code to the trunk, it will go to 1.6.0
Thanks to Ede, 1.5 already has its own branch which will be reserved
    to bug fixes, language files and so.

Ede, maybe the 1.5 branch needs to be synchronized with r1730 before
    new commits are made in the trunk.
Ede, do we need to synchronize 1.5 with the trunk now or can we
    synchronize at any time with any release?

Peppe, i'll have a look at your TEST version

Michaël

I did some tests today.These are the modifications I can add to OpenJUMP 1.5.2:

>a)  Scale panel on Info bar. I did some tests and It actually works quite well
>with all AbstractCursorTools. A small modification on this file allows to
>change scale even while drawing and using left clicks zoom tools.
>b) To help users on navigation I would add ZoomToScale plugin to left click
>context sub menu. So we have a zoom center, zoom in, zoom out and zoom to
>scale plugins on a good position for people (like me) who have problem to use
>keyboard shortcuts. The effects are more evident while drawing and using left
>click context menu
>c) an modification of CoordinateListMetrics which shows lenght/angle/aread
>while drawing/measuring, on Info panel. This first improvement will show a
>code like this:
>

>Angle: 131.79° - Azimuth: N204.53° - Length: 238.11m (26.96m) - Area:
>8497.08m²
>

>Angle is the one between the two last drawn segments, Azimuth is connected to
>the last segment, Length shows the total length (last drawn segment length)
>and Area. Azimuth is calculated only for UTM or similar projection (basically
>it calculate the north as the top part of the screen)
>

>For OpenJUMP 1.6
>
>I want to improve point c) with an option panel to choose a map unit/measure
>unit (meter, foot, mile) and to have an Azimuth calculated also for polar
>projections.
>So, in the case above but the map unit is in meter and user wants to calculate
>in feet,  it might look like
>
>[m-ft]  Angle: 131.79° - Azimuth: N204.53° - Distance: 781.20ft (88.45ft) -
>Area: 91462.57ft²
>

>Before to add these modifications I like to have the opinion of list
>

>regards
>

>Giuseppe
>

>________________________________

                      likely manage a task
>where possible, but feel free to remove or add
                      your name.

>Any addition/removal of a task can be discussed on
                      the list.
>Maybe tasks should only be reported in bug report
                      / feature requests
>trackers
>and roadmap should only have links to them. What
                      do you think ?

>Michaël

>Virtualization & Cloud Management Using
                      Capacity Planning
>Cloud computing makes use of virtualization - but
                      cloud computing
>also focuses on allowing computing to be delivered
                      as a service.