Thanks Michael,
I also was also able to find Thadeus Vincenty method and to test it with
this java lib
http://www.gavaghan.org/blog/free-source-code/geodesy-library-vincentys-formula-java/which
seems not to have a copyright (I will write to the author). I gave a
look at the source: it is an interesting lesson of Math.
Anyhow geotools seems more interesting. Next version will not have depency
and (I hope) would be more accurate.
Version 0.7.1 will be online tomorrow with French translation. I also added
a warning message for the geographic coordinates tool. This must be the
French google translation:
"Calcule la distance dans le système de référence de coordonnées EPSG 4326.
Cet outil est encore en cours de développement. Peut ne pas être précise
dans la mesure\n et donne une erreur entre 5% et 0,5% de la distance
réelle."
thanks again
Peppe