Hi,

We have both done this thing so long that we know that there is no posting
method (top/bottom/inline) that suits for every use case and makes everybody
happy.  Inline suits this, I agree.

> > ---Detect maximum memory limit---
> > set Xmx to 1024M (32 bit jre maximum)

I see, there are java.exe, javaw.exe and javaws.exe in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64
folder.

> so, as asked before ;)
> A. how much memory have you built-in and free.

8 gigabytes and 5 GB free.

> B. does that also happen when the system is started afresh?

No.   The default oj_windows.bat works after restart. But now I know that it
has nothing to do with amount of memory or restarting the computer. This is a
funny story.

I have my favourite OJ which I use all the time and I start is almost always
with my computer. It is version 3131 (200121212) and I launch it with setting
set JAVA_HOME=C:\ohjelmat\Java\jre6

If this OpenJUMP r3131 is running, then the default oj_windows.bat cannot start
new OpenJUMP r3587. However, if I edit the bat of the new version to use also
set JAVA_HOME=C:\ohjelmat\Java\jre6, it starts. If I close r3131, r3587 starts
with the default oj_windows.bat. This is something I can reproduce every time.

Also, if I still use the default batch file and start 3587 first and then 3131,
I can launch more 3587 versions so that I can have 6  OpenJUMPs open, one of
those r3131 and 5 r3587.
What definitely fails is to launch 3131 first and try to launch r3587 then with
the standard oj_windows.bat.

So, perhaps oj_windows.bat used for launching r3131 is doing something that
baffles r3687 launch script? This must be very uncommon issue and I do not
believe (m)any other users will ever suffer from it.

-Jukka-