edgar.sol...@web.de

> On 11.06.2013 13:04, Rahkonen Jukka wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We have both done this thing so long that we know that there is no posting
> method (top/bottom/inline) that suits for every use case and makes everybody
> happy.  Inline suits this, I agree.
>
> just because i don't say anything, does not mean i agree when all of you guys
> top post away all the time ;) especially when there are several points to be
> answered, top posting would only work if i copy/paste a quote from below to
> my above answer.
>
> but no problem, just wanted to keep it readable for this issue, so i
> mentioned it.

I have no idea about how I can make r3131 to use the same version "1.7.0_21".
The java.exe is perhaps there in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 but the old batch file
does not accept is, nor windows/system32

> B. just read that -Xmx values accumulate over jre instances run in parallel
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9303889/error-occurred-during-
> initialization-of-vm-could-not-reserve-enough-space-for/11201475#11201475
> this maybe true or not, but maybe the first setting in the older OJ 3131 takes
> precedence or such.
> what happens if you uncomment the Xmx setting in 3131 and start 3131 with jr6
> and default 3587?

r3587 does not start. But r3141 does not use the clever autodetection for Xmx
settings. However, I played with commenting/uncommenting the row. Nothing else
than memory reservation seems to change.

-Jukka-