On 05.10.2014 16:09, Larry Reeder wrote:
> Regarding packaging the plugin into a libfolder in lib\ext\ojmapcoloring-0.5,
>   I used to do that with the DB Query plugin, and prefer it also, but recent
> versions of OJ don't load plugins unless they are in the lib\ext directory.
> I'm using Linux  OpenJUMP-1.6.1-r3501-PLUS to test.   Maybe the Windows
> versions behave differently?

that's kind of my department as i did the latest changes ;) .. let me shed some
light on it.

the vision -
is to have extensions placing one jar (containing the extension class) into
lib/ext and their libs/files into a subfolder e.g.
lib\ext\ojmapcoloring-0.5.jar
lib\ext\ojmapcoloring-0.5\dependency.jar
lib\ext\ojmapcoloring-0.5\readme.txt
eventually i dream of modifying the plugin loading in a way that concurrent
library versions in extensions will be possible by using one classloader per
plugin. therefor the foldernames of course will have to be standardized e.g.
like above.

the status quo -
to speedup the loading process not all jars recursively are searched for
extension classes, but only those in lib/ext. but to prepare for the vision and
also to clean up lib/ext in general it is already possible to package
extensions like described above.

please try ;).. ede