Hi Michael,
I cannot reproduce either again. It was a test made on a Vector and Raster
layer together, it didn't (doesn't) happen if I test it on 2 vectors. I
think that the new enablecheck implementation should avoid this sort of
conflict/bug.
I agree with you: opening the possibility to have a true reprojecting
implementation (like Kosmo or GvSIG) implies a strong OJ code reprogramming
- probably not in our (economical, time, wish...) possibilities.
My opinion is to leave everything as it is and work around the CTS plugins,
maybe adding the possibility to read/write proj files (AdBToolbox, an OJ
clone, has this feature, I will check the code on next days)