Peppe,

I fixed an issue related to single-band PNGs.

With regards to JPGs, I can load with no problem in my Windows machine all the samples you attached to your mail. Nevertheless, the problem you see should be related to JAI: in snapshot 4090 the read operation was made using ImageIO.read, while in snapshot 4283 is made using JAI.create("fileload", ...). I've now modified the code so that ImageIO.read() is used first, and JAI.create() only as a fallback if ImageIO fails. The weird thing is that in r4283 JAI is however used to load TIFF files, but it appears that you can load them no problem...

Since I cannot reproduce your error, before committing I'd like you to test these changes. Could you please download this <https://www.dropbox.com/s/fexjyucup49hihn/OpenJUMP-0.0.0-rnull.jar?dl=0> OpenJUMP.jar, replace it to the one you have in snapshot 4283 and tell me how it behaves?

Thanks
Alberto