On 14.12.2015 11:22, Nicolas Ribot wrote:
>     4.
>     what is the licensing for the icons? where do they come from?
>

> Postgresql: From official icons/logo:
> http://www.postgresql.org/community/propaganda/, reduced and colors modified

ok these are, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License

would you mind to use one of these https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Logo ? they
are licensed under these https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Trademark_Policy more
loose terms.

> SQLite: favicon from site.considered it was public domain like the code (no
> copyright on the page)

never assume, always research. we really don't need some copyright suit over
eye candy ;)

ok, here is a spatialite logo
 https://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/spatialite-logo.html

sqlite and it's graphics in source are public domain
 https://www.sqlite.org/copyright.html
 https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:SQLite_Logo_4.png

> MySQL: took official logo, but now you pointed out, I see only 2 logos can be
> used: https://www.mysql.fr/about/legal/trademark.html.

yes, https://www.mysql.com/about/legal/logos.html states something similar

1. you could research what logos Kosmo is using
2. or simply create one yourself (redraw the dolphin or such)

>I will switch to mariaDB logo, I think falling in their "MariaDB's Extended
>Fair Use" for our usage.

as i read it you could cut the seal and iconize it under these terms

> Oracle: Favicon from a web icons library site.

oracle seems to be most difficult .. let me simply draft one based on their O
http://www.oracle.com/us/legal/logos/index.html

> Current code tries to load mod_spatialite and report an error in the log if
> not found.
> SQL queries won't be built if no spatialite extension is found. I only test
> it on my platform, where mod_spatialite is installed.

as i see you strive for GIS flavored dbms you should of course generally choose
an icon representing these (eg. Spatialite instead of Sqlite)

Finally:

and now comes the fun part. once we agreed on the icons, please document them
and their license in /etc/readme.txt under '1. Licensing -> icons'

so far.. ede

PS: find an homemade oracle icon attached (GPL3)