I asked Roberto to do some tests using other raster tools on OpenJUMP in
order to limit the possible "bug" to other sectors of Rater management
rather than loading.
Roberto valuated on the Digital Terrain Model(DTM) file those tools
a) RasterPropertiesPlugin and Compare raster layers, as these ones activate
methods on RasterImageLayer/RasterImageIO to retrieve data and statistics
b) Raster style plugin as this one activates method to build the visual
aspect of a raster layer on OpenJUMP, particularly the method
RasterImageLayer.createImage(BufferedImage).
According to Roberto tools of group (a) work fine with no problem, while
Raster style (b) dialog seems to allow to change style but it has no
effects on the view. The bug could be correlated to this method and we may
exclude  the loading framework.
I will give a look in the next few days. We made few changes but recently
we (I) reverted some as there was no need anymore thanks to Ede's work.
I ask Roberto to do this test:
a) load the files until one shows the bug.
b) save it as new file (tif and asc or flt)
c) load the new saved file and check if it shows the same behaviour as the
original.
Peppe