no problemo Rob, got a day job still ;)

please try the latest snapshot r6563+ with Peppe's change.

additionally please try your routine with r6564 but instead of Sextante image
use the "Open->File->(Select your tifs, click Next)->(keep Use same settings
for *.tif enabled, Select *Buffered Image (Commons Imaging)*, Click Finished).
this merely is a rendering test, raster tools will not work on it. please
comment on speed, memory usage and overall performance incl. bugs.

thanks.. ede