  From: Michael
  To: Alex
  Cc: juniper-nsp@puck.nether.net
  Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 8:32 PM
  Subject: Re: [j-nsp] ex4200 throughput trouble on 10GE interface

  2009/8/4 Alex <alex.arsen...@gmail.com>

    Michael,
    Is the throughput impaired only during peak times? Does throughput improve
after peak hours?
  Traffic goes down in offpeak time to 1G. Difference between inbound and
outbound traffic cannot be seen. The next day peak time the situation repeats -
outbound traffic reaches a limit and does not go upper. Reboot resolves the
situation.
    Are there any drops/errors on this interface?
   On both sides there are no errors and drops. I check them by "show
interfaces xe-0/1/0 extensive" command.

    Is uplink sending you (perhaps too many) PAUSE frames?
  Uplink is connected to catalyst 6500:
  c6500-BGW-XL#sh int te3/6 | i flow
    input flow-control is on, output flow-control is off
  So as I see uplink shouldn't send pause frames.
  On ex4200:
  > show interfaces xe-0/1/0 | match Flow
    Source filtering: Disabled, Flow control: Enabled
  May be I should try to disable flow control on juniper interface?

    Rgds
    Alex

    ----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael" <msched...@gmail.com>