There is an interesting thread on the C list right now discussing the benefits
of a l3 switch platform (OP started asking about 3550).

I am budgeting to replace some 3560G and 3750G customer aggregation devices
(OSPF, BGP) with devices that will scale better, have redundant power, can do
service policies both input and output and yes it would be nice if it can
handle V6 in hardware (last point not an issue yet as V4 is all I support at
this time). I am not budgeted for nor do I have environment that requires MX
series or a cat6.5/7.6k in this role. It's gonna have to be fixed switches.

Does the EX4200 support firewall policer that can be applied both input and
output? (equiv to "C" service policy). My tests on a EX3200 9.5R2.7 seem to
indicate that I cannot use a policer on egress. I have no 4200's to test this
with.

It would be nice to see a feature comparison. Not wanting to start a holy war
over vendor preference, but has a discussion comparing these two products
occurred on this list?

Thanks,

-b

--
Bill Blackford
Senior Network Engineer

Logged into reality and abusing my sudo priviledges...