On 27/02/10 08:50, Thomas Eichhorn wrote:

***************    ***********           *******     **********
* Destination *----* Router 1*----BGP ---* SSG * --- * SOURCE *
***************    ***********           *******     **********

                                       *************
                                       * Default GW*
                                       *************

The problem looks like that:

Source is always sending traffic to destination,
but if the SSG has rebooted, it has not yet established
the BGP to router 1, so the traffic flows to default gw.

This remains until I reset manually the session, because
of beeing the traffic UDP there is no session timeout.

Do I have any possibility to get the device automatically
to notice that it have a better route now, and change/clear
the session?

IIRC there are various options to control whether flows "stick" to routes upon route change.

Try:

set flow route-change-timeout