Hi there..

I have a couple of applications pop up recently where I think a J-Series
might suffice for BGP peering.  The application is a small peering POP doing
about 200Mb/s of traffic, about 50 BGP peers, and total routes is roughly
4000 total.

Would a J2320 with 1 GB DRAM (which I just happen to have a spare with
J-Care already on it) suffice?  I'm reading the datasheet on J-Series
currently and it shows me limitations such as:

BGP instances: 32 (is this separate ASN's?)

BGP peers: 64 (is that hard coded or only a recommendation?)

BGP routes (400k - perfect, what more can I say)

Any input is much appreciated .. especially performance numbers and limits
around peers themselves.  We are slowly deploying Juniper but have no BGP
speaking boxes up yet....

Thanks,

Paul