Hey Richard,

What are the differences/features of the new TRIO cards? Do they work only with the MX80?

Joe

On May 10, 2010, at 10:25 PM, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 12:38:41PM +0800, Mark Tinka wrote:
Richard's suggestion to consider the MX80 is a good idea,
especially if you're looking at having two for redundancy.
My main concern is JUNOS 10.x, especially since you're
somewhat new to Juniper. But if you can hang in there, the
code will improve with time. The MX80 is definitely great
for peering... it's a role we're considering for it here,
since it's too pricey to stick in the metro :-).

Eh... Given his incredibly simple sounding config, personally I'd just
just get the Trio/MX80 cards and call it a better long term investment. Depending on your exact config they're somewhere between a little and a
lot cheaper than the old DPCs, and they integrate a lot of the things
that you previously needed services DPCs for too. Now if only they'd fix the damn BGP bugs, we're seeing 4-5 minute stalls from flapping a single
IBGP session in 10.1 tests.

--
Richard A Steenbergen <r...@e-gerbil.net>       http://www.e-gerbil.net/ras