On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 11:23:22AM +0800, Mark Tinka wrote:

> Hehe, I thought about this but went... Naaaah :-). The
> price, surely, must be insane.
>
> Besides, can you run this without hooking it up to a T-
> series router?

Yes, it's officially supported.

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/local/pdf/app-notes/3500179-en.pdf

> First thing I thought about when I saw this. But also, not
> sure whether you can run this without having to hook it up
> to the EX8200. If you can, it surely would be interesting,
> despite all that hard drive space :-).

I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't be able to. You could do it
with an O-series too, it just wouldn't be legal or officially supported.
All you need is a RE acting as a host, it doesn't need to talk to
hardware. Personally I'd just as soon they let me license JUNOS and slap
it on my own fast cpu (which would probably cost 1/100th the price
Juniper will charge me for standard PC hardware :P).

--
Richard A Steenbergen <r...@e-gerbil.net>       http://www.e-gerbil.net/ras