Hi all,

We've had a pair of SSG-140s as well as a few NS-50's seem to "self corrupt" their flash/boot image over the last 12 months. These units are ones that were in production previously, then were turned off for periods ranging from a week to a few months. Upon powering them back on, they refuse to boot and require the firmware to be re-loaded via TFTP, at which time they work fine again. We've seen a few KB articles on flash corruption with SSG-550Ms, and have opened up a JTAC case (which has gone nowhere).

Has anyone else seen this behavior from Juniper/Netscreen firewalls?

--Mike