I'm trying to enable flow accounting on one of our M7is. JunOS version is 9.1R8. No matter what I do, I can't get a flow to export. I'd appreciate any input to obvious errors, or tips on other things to try. I've also tried removing sampling from the interface and doing it with a firewall rule.

Currently, it's configured as follows:

a...@er01> show configuration forwarding-options
sampling {
    input {
        family inet {
            rate 10000;
        }
    }
    output {
        cflowd X.X.X.X {
            port 2100;
            version 5;
            no-local-dump;
            autonomous-system-type origin;
        }
        interface sp-1/2/0 {
source-address X.X.X.X; # The IP of an interface that can reach the Netflow server
        }
    }
}

a...@er01> show configuration interfaces sp-1/2/0
unit 0 {
    family inet {
        address 10.0.1.1/32 {
            destination 10.0.1.2;
        }
    }
}

a...@er01> show configuration interfaces ge-0/0/0 unit 3
vlan-id 1;
family inet {
    sampling {
        input;
    }
    address X.X.X.X/30 {
        preferred;
    }
}

When I enable it, for a few minutes nothing seems to happen. Then I can see memory usage increase to the point there is no free memory on the ASP, then it begins to give errors. It never tries to export the flow:

a...@er01> show services accounting memory
Service Accounting interface: sp-1/2/0, Local interface index: 150
Service name: (default sampling)
Interface state: Accounting
  Memory utilization
    Allocation count: 695912, Free count: 348290, Maximum allocated: 0
    Allocations per second: 0, Frees per second: 0
Total memory used (in bytes): 211804592, Total memory free (in bytes): 7400

a...@er01> show services accounting errors
Service Accounting interface: sp-1/2/0, Local interface index: 150
Service name: (default sampling)
Interface state: Accounting
  Error information
    Packets dropped (no memory): 8262, Packets dropped (not IP): 0
Packets dropped (not IPv4): 0, Packets dropped (header too small): 0
    Memory allocation failures: 0, Memory free failures: 0
    Memory free list failures: 356435
Memory warning: Yes, Memory overload: No, PPS overload: No, BPS overload: No

a...@er01> show services accounting flow
Service Accounting interface: sp-1/2/0, Local interface index: 150
Service name: (default sampling)
Interface state: Accounting
  Flow information
    Flow packets: 0, Flow bytes: 0
    Flow packets 10-second rate: 0, Flow bytes 10-second rate: 0
    Active flows: 0, Total flows: 0
    Flows exported: 0, Flows packets exported: 0
    Flows inactive timed out: 0, Flows active timed out: 0

Here's the installed PIC details. I've tried bringing it up/down as well, with the same behavior.

a...@er01> show chassis pic fpc-slot 1 pic-slot 2
FPC slot 1, PIC slot 2 information:
  Type                             ASP - Integrated (Layer-2-3)
  State                            Online
  PIC version                  1.7
  CPU load average               0 percent
  Interrupt load average         0 percent
  Total DRAM size              256 MB
  Memory buffer utilization      0 percent
  Memory heap utilization       99 percent
  Uptime                         14 hours, 49 seconds