Thanks for all replied. It is a M120 with 9.5R1.8. It took about half hour to copy a jinstall file between two REs. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Shafer" <p...@juniper.net>
To: "Cyn D." <cynthia_...@yahoo.ca>
Cc: <juniper-nsp@puck.nether.net>
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 3:51 PM
Subject: Re: [j-nsp] Copy files to RE

"Cyn D." writes:
I tried to copy(ftp) jinstall file to backup RE but for some reason the Mgmt port on bac kup RE is not responsive. Then tried to copy the file from master RE to backup RE but it takes for ever - more than half hour still not complete. Just wondering what is the bes
t way to copy the big file in this situation?

You can copy files between REs using "re0:xxx" and "re1:xxx" as src/dst:

user@cli> file copy re0:/etc/motd /tmp/foo

user@cli> file show /tmp/foo
--- JUNOS 11.2I built 2011-01-18 19:57:42 UTC
At least one package installed on this device has limited support.
Run 'file show /etc/notices/unsupported.txt' for details.

Thanks,
Phil