On Sunday, October 23, 2011 06:11:39 PM Tarko Tikan wrote:

> In other news, AMS-IX manages to use the very same boxes
> both very simple PE (VPLS) and LSR. But I think we
> weren't discussing PE, only LSR.

The Brocade's seem to do this okay.

Our exchange point is running on MLX's that extend the nodes
across various parts of the city/country by VPLS. No major
drama.

However, we have tested MLX's and CER/CES2000's for our own
network. Richard is right, the MPLS software feature set is
wanting when you start getting kinky with it.

For us, Brocade is 3rd on our list of vendors we'll purchase
from, but because Cisco and Juniper have the code down quite
well (not to say things couldn't be better), introducing a
3rd box into the network has never been viable. Many times,
this has just about been the only reason, as we've found
that pretty much any half-decent vendor can dish out good
hardware.

Mark.