On 07/11/11 06:18, R. Benjamin Kessler wrote:
> Hello All -
>
> We have a client with a lot of J-Series routers running 9.3 code or earlier.
> We really like the features and functionality of JUNOS as a router and are
> more than a little annoyed that Juniper seems to be forcing us to turn these
> routers into firewalls.
>
> What are others doing to deal with the "flow" issues associated with more
> recent versions of code?

You can essentially "disable" the flow mode, it still sucks up RAM (if
you're doing full BGP tables you need, at minimum 2GB, 3 or 4 is better)
but it can still pretty much do the old throughput.

> Also, many of these routers have "small" CF cards (e.g. 256MB or 512MB) which
> will also cause issues with more modern versions of code.

Yep, replace with >= 1GB cards. But if you have to open them anyway for
RAM doing both makes sense.

Most likely you'd build the new image & config in the lab and send out
RAM+CF to be upgraded on site.

--
Julien Goodwin
Studio442