I suppose it will not work.

Also look at:
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics/reference/general/mx80-features.html

On 22.03.2012 12:20, Timh Bergström wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the information, it gives some answers. But what would
actually happen if I try to install 10.4R8.5 with no-validate etc and
"force" it to accept it, would it stop working or not, since it's the
same hardware as the MX80 but with other "descriptions" it should
work, but I'm unsure. Don't want to brick it. :-)

//T