To: "Saku Ytti" <s...@ytti.fi>
Cc: <juniper-nsp@puck.nether.net>
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2012 8:20 AM
Subject: Re: [j-nsp] CGN ob MX5?

Recently heard so many times about CGN, but i still don't understand what
is the difference between NAT and CGN, can any expert explain what's the
CGN.

2012/4/12 Saku Ytti <s...@ytti.fi>

On (2012-04-12 16:31 +0200), Matthias Brumm wrote:

> I would like to know, if no, some or all implementations of CGN will
> be working on a MX5?

This seems in realms of possibility (1ipv6 statically to 1ipv4) for trio.
But if you know you will need CGN I would assume that MX5 will never get
it, this way you'll avoid disappointment and possibly need for another box
while waiting for needed feature to appear.

NAPT (port based, nto1) is not possible as far as I understand on trio,
then you'd need some service slot in the behind, which also I would assume
never to exist when making purchase decision.

--
 ++ytti