On 6/22/12 6:28 AM, Phil Mayers wrote:
On 22/06/12 13:29, Amos Rosenboim wrote:
Hello Phil,

I have seen this happen a few times and with different platforms.
A good way to avoid this is to configure policing on the OOB switches
ports facing the REs.

Unfortunately, our OOB network is constructed from older, repurposed equipment. I doubt we have the ability to do the required egress policing.

What kind of policing parameters have you successfully used?

The arp policer is the one that normally kicks in. there are golobal defaults which iirc vary by platform. the trick is to have per interface limits which are lower than the global limits so that the policer renders that interface unusable without rendering all arp learning on the box dead at once.