On Thu, 25 Apr 2013, Saku Ytti wrote:

On (2013-04-25 13:03 -0400), Brandon Ross wrote:

We have very different experiences then.  I'm not claiming it's a
majority, but I will claim that many of the largest networks in the
world do, indeed, have true OOB management networks.  Enough that

I'm not saying don't build OOB, I'm saying, I don't want to build three
networks to access the router. On-band is given. So will the second network
be rs232 or fxp?

Both.

Both of them are bad options, but RS232 is less bad, as you can reboot the
box even if JunOS is wonky.

Everything is a bad option.  You work with what you can get economically.

Your statement was, "My view is that fxp0 is completely useless interface." I disagree with you. It is a useful interface for the reasons that I, and others, have stated. Is it perfect? Hell no. But that doesn't change that fact that it's useful.

Either defend that statement or admit that it was overly broad.

--
Brandon Ross                                      Yahoo & AIM:  BrandonNRoss
+1-404-635-6667                                                ICQ:  2269442