On 24/07/13 15:48, Stacy W. Smith wrote:
In general, I see no problems with your AE configuration.

Could you define "never comes up"? Is it the ae0 interface, or the ae0.999 unit
that is in a down state?

Both (see below)

The output of "show interfaces terse" (at least for the member and ae
interfaces)

admin@srx-3600-1> show interfaces terse
Interface               Admin Link Proto    Local                 Remote
xe-1/0/0                up    up
xe-1/0/0.999            up    up   aenet    --> ae0.999
xe-1/0/0.32767          up    up   aenet    --> ae0.32767
ae0                     up    down
ae0.999                 up    down inet     192.168.1.2/31
                                   multiservice
ae0.32767               up    down multiservice

and the output of "show lacp interfaces" might be helpful.

admin@srx-3600-1> show lacp interfaces
Aggregated interface: ae0
LACP state: Role Exp Def Dist Col Syn Aggr Timeout Activity xe-1/0/0 Actor No Yes No No No Yes Fast Active xe-1/0/0 Partner No Yes No No No Yes Fast Passive
    LACP protocol:        Receive State  Transmit State          Mux State
      xe-1/0/0                Defaulted   Fast periodic           Detached

FWIW, the two ends of your link are in different subnets. 192.168.1.1/31 and
192.168.1.2/31 are not in the same subnet.

That's a typo on my part.

I've seem something similar to this before, where a port-channel wouldn't come up between a Cisco IOS and IOS-XR box if one end was "switchport trunk" and the other "switchport access". This confused me slightly - I didn't know LACP was aware of the trunk/access nature of the "upper" interface.