I'm exploring the possibility of using the MS-MIC in an MX104 to terminate route based VPNs. I'd be interested in hearing about success/failure stories from people that have done this before I go to the trouble of getting a demo unit.

The plan is to terminate route based VPNs, placing the st0.X interfaces in a VRF for use as a CE interface in our MPLS network. I plan to keep traffic symmetric but I can't guarantee it will be as each end site (Branch SRX) may have an IPsec VPN to up to 3 POPs. Will asymmetric paths be a problem with MX + MS-MIC? Will the MS-MIC terminated IPsec VPNs play nice in this scenario?

Thanks