On 05/01/2015 04:50 PM, ML wrote:
> I'm exploring the possibility of using the MS-MIC in an MX104 to
> terminate route based VPNs.  I'd be interested in hearing about
> success/failure stories from people that have done this before I go to
> the trouble of getting a demo unit.

So far it's working good, but I really miss documentation on the Juniper
Website. It was more or less guesswork to get it going. And I'm missing
most of the traceoptions I have available on SRX1-3k.

>  The plan is to terminate route based VPNs, placing the st0.X interfaces
> in a VRF for use as a CE interface in our MPLS network. I plan to keep
> traffic symmetric but I can't guarantee it will be as each end site
> (Branch SRX) may have an IPsec VPN to up to 3 POPs. Will asymmetric
> paths be a problem with MX + MS-MIC?  Will the MS-MIC terminated IPsec
> VPNs play nice in this scenario?

You probably need to place the inside service-interface into the
routing-instance or somethings alike.
I don't see st0.x interfaces on my MX like I do on the SRX.

Did you implement your scenario in the end?

-dominik