hey,

We are shipping an SMP kernel in the 15.x timeframe.  Even with no
daemon changes, it helps by spreading the load of the daemons to some
extent.

From engineering perspective, what will break if you just enable SMP kernel?

I would expect processes to be spread to different cores (with caveats regarding affinity and NUMA) and thats about it. Sounds like an easy win and would give more CPU time to RPD. But I'm not J software engineer and it sounds too good to be true anyway.

So yes, we have plans.  More than plans.

Excellent, thanks.

--
tarko