On 21/12/2015 08:57, Martin T wrote:
Thanks! So as I understand, the general idea is that it doesn't matter
much for Junos if the command is executed in the CLI or from the
remote(management server) NETCONF manager, i.e. Junos is basically
built around the NETCONF? However, local calls(for example if one
executes "show version" in Junos CLI) do not travel internally over
SSH as remote calls would, do they?
Yes. the Junos CLI can itself be considered a (really nice) NETCONF wrapper. It makes me idly wish other vendors' NETCONF implementations were good enough that the Junos CLI could be used on them!

I doubt the CLI uses SSH internally, but I suppose it wouldn't really matter if it did.

Matt