On 25 March 2016 at 21:39, Adam Vitkovsky <adam.vitkov...@gamma.co.uk> wrote:

>> I believe Luis refers to FIB localisation introduced in 12.3:
>> http://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos15.1/topics/concept/f
>> ib-localization-overview.html>
>>
> Hmm interesting concept -then with this feature enabled where would the VRF
> filter be executed on FIB-remote PFE or FIB-local PFE?

I'm not big fan, due to the potential multiple NPUs involved in
lookups and multiple fabric travels. I'm not intimately familiar with
the feature though.

> Sorry I wasn’t clear I meant how the box performs when under DDoS attack.

Do you mean transit DDoS? With proper QoS, should be fine.

> But yeah I guess I know what you mean with regards to lo0 filters I've been
> there, what I miss in Junos is the ability to say that only defined
> interfaces can be used to access the box. So one has to be very careful with
> the filter construction as well as understand the lo0 filter applicability
> rules posted here recently.

You could use interface-groups, they are mutually exclusive with some
forwarding filters though. I've previously used interface-groups to
mark edge interfaces with 'privileged' access to control-plane, such
like DHCP.

--
  ++ytti