On Tue 2016-Jul-05 13:51:26 -0500, Josh Reynolds <j...@kyneticwifi.com> wrote:

Thanks Hugo, I'll try and give that a shot.

So basically setup an ethernet-switching interface on unit 0, port
mode trunk, native vlan as the current access vlan, member list
includes the new vlan?

Exactly. One thing to watch: If you include the native vlan as a member as well, it will show up as both tagged and untagged on the port. IOW, untagged frames as well as frames tagged with your native vlan ID will be accepted and plopped in the right VLAN, but frames from the VLAN egressing the port will be tagged, iirc. Yea...

I think I'm confused about how I would assign an RVI to this in that state.

Do you have a quick example config I might be able to work off of?

In a non-ELS setup, it would be something like:

interfaces {
    ge-x/y/z {
        unit 0 {
            family ethernet-switching {
                port-mode trunk;
                vlan {
                    members VLAN600;
                }
                native-vlan-id $your-native-vlan;
            }
        }
    }
    vlan {
        unit 600 {
            description "RVI for L3 in VLAN600"
            family inet {
                address a.b.c.d/mask;
            }
        }
    }
}
vlans {
    VLAN600 {
        vlan-id 600;
        l3-interface vlan.600;
    }
}

Check after committing that VLAN membership is as you expect it:

`show ethernet-switching interfaces ge-x/y/z`

Thank you!

np

--
Hugo Slabbert       | email, xmpp/jabber: h...@slabnet.com