On 28 September 2016 at 17:05, Dan Peachey <d...@peachey.co> wrote:

> I may be missing something, but shouldn't the default behaviour be to
> drop all VPN routes that are not locally imported into a VRF? Unless
> you configure "keep all" or the PE is also configured as an RR.

Yes. But you'll still load them. If you have lot of routes, turning up
VRF takes long time, as you'll need to reload everything to get those
two routes you actually need.
Convergence also is impacted, as every change is visible to you, and
you need to drop them, even though you weren't interested to begin
with.

Employer of mine had well over million VRF routes, with small subset
needed in given VRF, it's quite a bit of useless signalling.

--
  ++ytti