On 27/Oct/16 00:40, Scott Granados wrote:

> This sounds like a great place to start.  I assume the Cisco books
> aren’t overly Cisco specific as I’m trying to get my head around the
> basics with out depending on a single vendor.  It seems for example
> that cisco employs some shortcuts that I shouldn’t use at my starting
> point to learn the fundamentals.  I’ll give these a shot and
> appreciate your suggestion.

The books (particularly Volume I) are reasonably generalized in the
fundamentals.

There may be some Cisco bits, but you'll know what to ignore.

There will also be some old application scenarios which are not widely
popular today - you'll also know to ignore those.

That said, it would be nice for you to know how Cisco implement their
side of things, as you are bound to run into some Juniper-specific
tutorials as well. Given your chances of working on a Cisco platform in
the future are considerably high (unless otherwise), knowing the
intricacies both sides will be helpful.

Mark.