> Of Saku Ytti
> Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 12:32 AM
>
> Have you found cef exact-route to be correct?
>
> Last time I used this (ASR9000), it was giving wrong results to me. I think
> there is entirely separate piece of code for LAG result in software code and
> the CSCO EZChip microcode, and different people code IOS-XR than ezchip,
> so I think there is failure mode where one code is updated, and another is
> not, I hope I'm wrong.

Isn't it related to different chip versions used in the chassis?
Haven't you used the commands without an ingress interface please?
Because that would have been useless, as Jesper mentioned different cards (in
ASR9k anyways) use different hash computation methods, so you want to specify
the ingress card.

I thought the "show cef exact-route" and "show mpls forwarding exact-route"
actually generates the packet and submits it to the microcode and returns the
result (rather than running some "simulation" in SW)
-I doubt the simulation would take the card type and SW version into account.

adam

netconsultings.com
::carrier-class solutions for the telecommunications industry::