On Tue, 2 Oct 2018 at 11:23, Mark Tinka <mark.ti...@seacom.mu> wrote:
> If you are a large network (such as yourselves, Saku) where it's very likely
> that the majority your customers are talking to each other directly across
> your backbone, then I could see the case. But when you have customers
> transiting multiple unique networks before they can talk to each other or to
> servers, there is really no way you can guarantee that DSCP=1 from source
> will remain DSCP=1 at destination.

+1. This is what we did in some parts. The way the Internet
connectivity was sold to customers was as a best effort service so
they had no issues with the DSCP being scrubbed to 0 in these places.

Also lots of customer didn't like packets coming in from the Internet
and hitting their section of the WAN with a DSCP marking on it. Some
explicitly asked us to scrub to 0.

Cheers,
James.