> On 9/05/2019, at 10:44 AM, Richard McGovern <rmcgov...@juniper.net> wrote:
>
> Contacted someone internally and yes this is being worked on.  The time
> period is "end of Q2, hopefully sooner".

Can you shed any light on what on earth is going on, and why? It seems crazy
that a company would disable this sort of thing intentionally for such a long
time and with such poor comms and timing info. “Technical issue” sounds like an
accident - but surely a restore from backup would work, right?
I cannot think of a scenario here which looks anywhere remotely positive for
Juniper - every scenario I can consider has a root cause of “complete and utter
incompetence” somewhere along the chain.
I really like Juniper, so I’ve searched, but, this is a hard one, help me out
here..

> In the meantime, if you need comparison between 2 releases of same major
> release, then TAC should be able to generate this for you via internal PR
> DIFF tool.  This only works between release of the same major version.

Nope, JTAC are not authorised to provide that info from the internal tool -
here is a quote from a JTAC person just a couple days ago:
> And regarding PRs delta  between your present release and 17.4R2-S2 release ,
> JTAC is  not authorised to provide that info. I suggest you to reach out to
> juniper accounts team who can help you on this

Why? I have no idea, maybe this engineer was just lazy but I’ve had the same
from someone else too I think. Maybe it’s so sales can hide the really bad bugs
that might impact a sale? I really cannot understand why this has to be done by
accounts people otherwise, what’s the difference who does it?

Luckily I have a great local SE - but I am certain plenty of customers do not.