On 22/Jan/20 17:17, Eric Van Tol wrote:

> Which is something many of us smaller providers have been begging them for
> YEARS to make. Hopefully it doesn't have restrictions on port configurations
> like the MX204 or weird filtering limitations like the original ACX boxes.
> The ASR920 is popular for a reason - they are rock-solid, offered decent port
> configurations, sensible and reasonably priced licensing, small form-factor
> and features decent enough for an access MPLS device.

And, custom silicon that does, pretty much, what you're used to seeing
on IOS XE boxes.

Juniper, I've realized, are really not interested in the Metro-E space.
I know it's great to think merchant silicon is the answer to get into
that space, but it doesn't look to me like they will be bother the
ASR920 anytime soon.

Mark.