The things Sebastian suggested definitely make sense. Otherwise (if it's a
really really really good offer), go for it. For the things you've
mentioned it'll do its job well. Also, JunOS 17.3 works just fine with it
btw :-)

Am Mi., 26. Feb. 2020 um 14:57 Uhr schrieb Sebastian Wiesinger <
sebast...@karotte.org>:

> * Alain Hebert <aheb...@pubnix.net> [2020-02-26 14:47]:
> >     Beside the RE-S-2000-4096-S being EOL.  My experience with 16.2 was
> > pretty solid.
> >
> >     We're planning to have 3 Full Routes BGP and the MPLS alphabet soup,
> > yadi yada.
> >
> >     We don't want 2 RE since we'll use 2 MX240 and there is no point to
> go
> > for ISSU since the RE is EOL.
> >
> >    1x CHAS-BP-MX240-S
> >    1x FFANTRAY-MX240-HC
> >    1x RE-S-2000-4096-S
> >    1x SCBE-MX-S
> >    2x PWR-MX480-1200-AC
> >    1x MPC-3D-16XGE-SFPP
>
> Hi,
>
> I would definitively go for the chassis with the newer backplane
> (CHAS-BP3-MX240-S). Changing the chassis at a later time is a pain.
> Same with SCBE, why not use SCBE2-MX-S? They cost the same.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sebastian
>
> --
> GPG Key: 0x58A2D94A93A0B9CE (F4F6 B1A3 866B 26E9 450A  9D82 58A2 D94A 93A0
> B9CE)
> 'Are you Death?' ... IT'S THE SCYTHE, ISN'T IT? PEOPLE ALWAYS NOTICE THE
> SCYTHE.
>             -- Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant

*Marcel Bößendörfer*
Geschäftsführer / CEO

*marbis GmbH*
Griesbachstr. 10
76185 Karlsruhe, Germany

Phone: +49 721 754044-11
Fax: +49 800 100 3860
E-Mail: m.boessendoer...@nitrado.net
Web: marbis.net / nitrado.net

*Registered Office | Sitz der Gesellschaft:* Karlsruhe
*Register Court | Registergericht:* AG Mannheim, HRB 713868
*Managing Directors | Geschäftsführer:* Marco Balle, Marcel Bößendörfer

Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet. This e-mail may contain
confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender
immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or