On 29/Jul/20 15:49, Eric Van Tol wrote:
> We ran into this, too. We signed up to beta test at the beginning of this
> year and nowhere, not even in discussions with our SE (who also wasn't told
> by Juniper), was it mentioned it was a DC-only device. Imagine my surprise
> when I received the box and it was DC only. Such a disappointment.

The messaging we got from them earlier in the year about trying out
their new Metro-E box was that we would be happy with it, considering
that every Metro-E solution they've thrown at us since 2008 has fallen
flat, splat!

Come game-time, even our own SE was blindsided by this DC-only support
on the ACX710. Proper show-stopper.

At any rate, the story is that they should be pushing out some new
ACX7xxx boxes from next year, which should have AC support (to you
psych. majors: more for the general public, and not the custom-built
ACX710).

I'm not sure I can be that patient, so I'm sniffing at Nokia's new
Metro-E product line. The problem is so far, as with Juniper and Cisco,
they've gone down the Broadcom route (some boxes shipping with Qumran,
others with Jericho 2, and on-paper, they are already failing some of
our forwarding requirements.

It's not easy...

Mark.