I'd try the 'notification-rib' chunk in the 'validation' stanza of the
routing-instance and see if setting inet.0 there pushes the DB the way you
need. Certain versions of JunOS are quite broken going the other way, so I've
had to enumerate all of the routing-instances that I want to be sure have a
copy of the validation DB to get them to work correctly. Maybe the other way
will work in your case.

David