On 7/4/23 09:11, Saku Ytti wrote:

You must have misunderstood. When they fully scale the current design,
the design offers 100T capacity, but they've bought 400T of ports. 3/4
ports are overhead to build the design, to connect the pizzaboxes
together. All ports are used, but only 1/4 are revenue.

Thanks, makes sense.

This is one of the reasons I prefer to use Ethernet switches to interconnect devices in large data centre deployments.

Connecting stuff directly into the core routers or directly together eats up a bunch of ports, without necessarily using all the available capacity.

But to be fair, at the scale AWS run, I'm not exactly sure how I'd do things.

Mark.