On 10/25/23 15:36, Gert Doering via juniper-nsp wrote:

There goes another vendor...

Now, if the base price would have been *lowered* by the amount the
L3 features of a *MX router* cost extra now, this might have been an
option... but for my understanding, the base MX304 is already insanely
pricey, and then add licenses on top...  nah, taking our money elsewhere.

Based on quotes we've seen so far, 75% of the list price of an MX304 is just the license for the entire chassis (separate from the line cards and without support).

Did I mention Arista is not spending valuable engineer time on all this
license shit, but on actually making great products?

What is the current experience of the code for IP/MPLS functions that go beyond simply peering and transit, i.e., high-touch edge?

Mark.