On 08.02.20 15:20, TI wrote:
> 1. If I disable "Sync server deletions", would it keep the copy saved
> on my phone safe if I was to perform a sync after changing the setting
> to the new host (which would be empty mail boxes)?

K-9 Mail is currently not great at handling such situations. Changing
the server really should remove all downloaded messages because the
server IDs the app has stored for those messages no longer correspond to
messages on the server. But we currently don't do that.

Due to this bug it would appear to work at first. When your new server
is using the same IDs, K-9 Mail will think it has already downloaded the
message and won't download it again (but really it's a different
message). And because IMAP is using numeric and increasing IDs it's very
likely such a conflict will happen.

> 2. Would it be possible to somehow have the mail server sync
> (retrieve) what is stored on K-9 Mail? I could probably forward every
> mail to myself, but I am hoping for a cleaner solution.

Something like that is currently not supported in the app. But someone
wrote a script to extract messages from K-9 Mail's database. You could
try to get it working again (the database schema probably changed a bit
since then).

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/k-9-mail/xjNz0PXZfD8/k4DFkxbrCgAJ