From: "Bob Timm - About Guide" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thu, 9 May 2002 15:39:33 -0500
Subject: Education -- The Less You're Right, The More You Learn -- From About

SPONSORED LINK
Sylvan Learning Center
Our certified teachers and proven teaching methods motivate kids to achieve
the skills for school and confidence in everything else.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/   (Cost to Advertiser: $0.21 )

IN THE SPOTLIGHT
The Less You're Right, The More You Learn
Boy, if mistakes are what actually builds knowledge, then I should be a
bloody genius by now. Math Guide Deb Russell explains how errors can
be used constructively to improve learning.
http://math.about.com/library/weekly/aa011502a.htm

MORE ABOUT EDUCATION
Is Your School Sick?
It's national Nurse Week. Special Education Guide Barbara Day presents an
impassioned argument for the return of the formerly ubiquitous school nurse.
http://specialed.about.com/library/weekly/aa050502a.htm

Profiles in Encouragement
Need a little inspiration to go back to school? Check out how adult
education changed the lives of these students.
http://adulted.about.com/cs/studentprofiles/

Wilde at Heart
Oscar Wilde rose to become the toast of London--appreciated not only for
his plays, Lady Windemere's Fan, The Ideal Husband, and The Importance of Being
Earnest,
and his novel, The Picture of Dorian Gray, but for his grace, wit, and charm. And then
at the
height of his success his star fell.
http://britishhistory.about.com/library/prm/bloscarwilde1.htm

ELSEWHERE ON ABOUT
Picture-Perfect Presents
Still shopping for a Mother's Day present? Why not get something the whole
family can enjoy?
Cameras Guide Erik Hanneman lists top digital cameras.
http://cameras.about.com/cs/digitalcamsmenu/tp/aatp050302a.htm

Mother's Day Menus
Busy Cooks Guide Linda Johnson Larsen has easy recipes you can cook for
your mother.
http://busycooks.about.com/library/weekly/aa050602a.htm

SPONSORED LINK
Instant Phone Cards - Rock Bottom Rates
Back to school? Use prepaid rechargeable phone cards to stay in touch. Rock-
bottom US & international rates. Absolutely no hidden fees.
Earn free minutes. Voted No. 1 by customers.
http://www.instaphonecard.com/   (Cost to Advertiser: $0.13 )

SUBSCRIPTIONS
To sign up for newsletters like this one, go here:
http://home.about.com/newsletters1.htm

Until next time,
Bob

Bob Timm, About Guide
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
For Past issues of the newsletter visit The Newsletter Archive
To Advertise in this newsletter visit Be an Advertiser
NEW: Please note that we have updated our Privacy Policy (click here to
read). About is committed
to protecting your personal information.
About
1440 Broadway 19th Floor NY, NY 10018
The Human Internet
http://About.com