From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 Sent: Fri, 17 May 2002 18:38:09 EDT
Subject: Native Village Opportunities and Websites Update

Native Village  Opportunities and Websites
 <<<>>><<<>>>NATIVE VILLAGE<<<>>><<<>>>
 May 18, 2002 Issue 72

<<<>>><<<>>>NATIVE VILLAGE<<<>>><<<>>>
NATIVE VILLAGE website was created for youth, educators, families, and friends
who wish to celebrate the rich, diverse cultures of The Americas' First Peoples.
Each week we offer readers two current events publications: NATIVE VILLAGE Youth
and Education News, and NATIVE VILLAGE Websites and Opportunities. Our website
houses resource libraries, messages from the People, funding and scholarship
opportunities, and other information to enrich the lives of those from Turtle
Island.  Please visit, and sign up for our update reminders.  We are always glad
to make new friends.
 NATIVE VILLAGE
http://www.nativevillage.org

 <<<>>><<<>>>NATIVE VILLAGE<<<>>><<<>>>
 "Language and culture go hand-in-hand. You can learn a language without knowing
anything about the culture, but you'll be only getting half the picture.  And
you can study a culture without knowing the language but you won't know what it
means. You need both."
 Cory Spotted Bear, Mandan/Hidatsa/Arikara and Haskell University graduate
 Opportunity Highlights
 FOLLOW THE GOLD RUSH TO ALASKA AND THE YUKON
 SUMMER ENGINEERING ACADEMY
 NATIVE AMERICAN AND ALASKA NATIVE CHILDREN IN SCHOOL
 RIDING ACROSS AMERICA
 2002 MID-YEA SESSION, NATIONAL CONGRESS OF AMERICAN INDIANS
 Website Highlights
 WINDTALKERS: THE STORY BEHIND THE MOVIE
 CREE FOR KIDS
 THE CHEROKEE BALLPLAY
 BOYS AND GIRLS CLUBS IN INDIAN COUNTRY
 THE POPOL VUH

 <<<>>><<<>>>NATIVE VILLAGE<<<>>><<<>>>
 To read these and other news briefs in their entirety, please visit our website:
 NATIVE VILLAGE http://www.nativevillage.org
 To subscribe to Native Village weekly email reminders, please email:
 Subscribe@Native Village.Org

<<<>>><<<>>>NATIVE VILLAGE<<<>>><<<>>>
NATIVE VILLAGE YOUTH AND EDUCATION NEWS is a free newsletter which informs
and celebrates in the education, values, traditions, and accomplishments of the
Americas' First Peoples.  We do not release subscriber or visitor names to
anyone. Some articles presented in NATIVE VILLAGE news and at our NATIVE VILLAGE
website may contain copyrighted material. We have received appropriate
permissions for republishing any articles. Material appearing here is
distributed without profit or monetary gain to those who have expressed an
interest. This is in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107.
NATIVE VILLAGE is a copyright © of Gina Boltz and Valerie Crow
Members: Native American Journalists Association
All Rights Reserved.
You are always welcome here :-)!