From: "Technological Literacy Newsletter Editor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 27 Jul 2002 14:14:50 -0000
Subject: Technology for Children 07-26-2002

TECHNOLOGICAL LITERACY UPDATE

A weekly newsletter for families and educators committed to
building brighter futures for kids in a technology-rich society.

THIS WEEK: AN INVITATION TO SUBSCRIBE AND CREATIVITY LESSONS!!

Thanks to everyone who has continued to write and request
additional newsletters as well as request access to prior
issues.  We took a break during the summer to prepare a better
system for managing our archives, to guarantee better service
for our readers, and to redesign the newsletter.  The news in
a nutshell:

* Richard Wright, Curriculum Director for PCS Edventures, will
be managing this newsletter and its content starting in August.

* All past and current newsletters will be available online for
easy reference.

* Subscribers MUST re-subscribe to continue receiving this
newsletter.  Since so many teachers are on vacation for the
summer, we will send you only two more reminders to make sure
you receive this information, and then you will not be contacted
again.  SPECIAL BONUS-- subscribers will be given an opportunity
to win a FREE ROBOTICS LAB!!! You can subscribe easily by
clicking below!

http://www.weirdrichard.com/newsadmin.php?signup=2

This week's sponsor message from Edventures Learning Labs,
preparing students for future success through project based
learning.

UNBELIEVABLE LAB VALUES FOR EDUCATORS!!

Wow-- what an amazing summer!  PCS Learning Labs are spreading
like wildfire across the country and are now in over 40 states!
Our unique blend of hands-on activities, fun manipulatives like
LEGO(R) elements, and awesome high-tech web support services
are gaining rave reviews from educators and program directors
everywhere!  Check out our newest hands-on labs (ROBOTICS!!) and
download free curriculum samples.  Call our sales staff at
800.429.3110  for more information!
http://www.edventures.com/l/11/tlu0726/index.html

TECHNOLOGICAL LITERACY THIS WEEK

Given our love of hands-on learning and the incredible
results that can be gained through project based learning,
we're continuing our focus on using LEGO(R) materials in
education. This week, Creativity Exercises with Weird Richard!
Access the full lesson plan including four fun activities at
the following URL.  Have fun!

http://www.weirdrichard.com/activities1.html

SEE YOU SOON!!

We hope that this week's newsletter has been useful to you in
your educational pursuits.  In the coming weeks we will continue
to address additional methods of integration and special topics
related to technological literacy.  Together, we can build a
brighter future for students around the world by preparing them
to use technology as naturally as they use a pencil and paper!

Until next week!

Technological Literacy Update