From: Classroom Connect -- Connected Teacher
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 12:38 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Classroom Connect Community News: Gearing up for a GREAT Year!

Classroom Connect Community News: Gearing up for a GREAT Year!
August 14, 2002

I.   Feature Article:  Set the Mood for Your Classroom
II.  ColumbusQuest
III. Classroom Management
IV.  NCLB and Classroom Connect
V.   Sign Up to Keep Up
VI.  "Can You Tell Me How You Did That?"
VII. What's Up at Classroom Connect?
        a. Big Savings!
        b. Come to a Conference
        c. Call for Internet Educator of the Year Nominations

I. Feature Article:
Lets face it: over the summer, students miss us (and their parents miss
us, too). As I write, my daughter, a soon-to-be first grader, is writing
a letter to her teacher, illustrating that fact.

What sorts of activities would you have liked your students' parents to
have done with them over the summer? How many do you really think have?
Summer is such a crazy time, and it's easy to get offtrack, so that even
the best parents can't keep up.

How do you plan on welcoming back your students into the classroom?...

Click here to read the full text:
<http://www.classroom.com/community/neighborhoods/teachertalk_messageboa
rd.jhtml?forum=14@@.eee1f99/29>
II. ColumbusQuest
ColumbusQuest is 9/30 - 11/1. Join the adventure today!
On the 510th anniversary of Columbus' voyage, your class can join our
team of experts as we journey on ColumbusQuest, our fall 2002 adventure
from The Quest Channel. Together your class and the Quest team will
follow Christopher Columbus' sea route through the Bahamas to Cuba.
Students will help the team solve one of the great mysteries in the
history of exploration: Where did Columbus first set foot in the New
World? Classes nationwide will direct the team in their efforts and
cover core curriculum standards--all in real-time.

<http://quest.classroom.com/marketing/ColumbusQuest/ColumbusQuest.asp>
III. Classroom Management
Brush up on classroom management techniques! From theory to tactics, the
Library Hot Five has covered all the bases.

<http://www.classroom.com/library/cybrariansCorner.jhtml?week=2002-05-23

IV.  NCLB and Classroom Connect
Find out how Classroom Connect products align with ESEA. Visit our Web
site or call us at (800) 638-1639, prompt #1.

<http://www.classroom.com/about/grantsfunding.jhtml;jsessionid=01JIPSKHC
XJFFQFIAJICUYQ?_requestid=138732>
V. Sign Up to Keep Up!
Email lists are a reliable and free resource. You can participate in
discussions on your favorite topics such as social studies, language
arts, science, math, special education, and professional development.
Or, you can receive weekly updates with the Education News list and find
out all the educational opportunities on the Web with the Net-Happenings
list.

And, don't forget our ever-popular Connected Teacher email list, the
best place to collaborate with fellow teachers on everything educational
and technological!

<http://www.classroom.com/community/email>
VI. "Can You Tell Me How You Did That?"
Read about Internet Educator of the Year 2001 Mary Kohl's secrets to
success and some of her favorite Internet resources in this Classroom
Connect Newsletter article.

<http://www.classroom.com/community/connection/connectednewsletter/canyo
utellme.jhtml>
VII. What's Up at Classroom Connect?
a. Big Savings!
Stock up for September!
Take advantage of reduced prices on these great Internet Resources:
- Internet Basics Posters
- Teaching with the Internet
- Look It Up!
- CyberTrips
Visit the Classroom Connect Online Store for many great products at
reduced prices.

<http://www.classroom.com/store/storehome.jhtml>
b. Come to a Conference
Join us at a Connected Conference and you will:

- Learn from technology-savvy classroom teachers
- Return to your classroom with quality resources
- Receive hands-on training in state-of-the-art computer labs
- Be inspired by world-class keynote speakers

Fall Connected Conference Schedule:
Houston, TX, Oct. 15-16
Baltimore, MD, Oct. 24-25
Seattle, WA, Nov. 19-20
Long Beach, CA, Dec. 4-6

<http://www.classroom.com/about/events.jhtml>
c. Call for Internet Educator of the Year Nominations
We are proud to announce the 4th annual Internet Educator of the Year
Award. Nominate yourself or someone you know today!

<http://proflearn.classroom.com/ProfDev/ieoty.asp>

Sincerely,
Janet and Paul
Classroom Connect

To read the online archives for this list, visit:
http://www.classroom.com/community/email/archives.jhtml?A0=COMMUNITY